EXTENDMAX - Pursuant to Decision 04/2017/QD-TTg - List of devices and appliances subjected to Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) and Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity (EE DoC) issued by Prime Minister of Vietnam, LED lights is subjected to Minimum Energy Performance Standard and regulatory Energy Label after getting Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity to enter Vietnam market.
(Beside Safety and EMC requirement regulated by QCVN 19:2019/BKHCN of MOST Vietnam which you can find our guide via this link)
1. Applicable regulations.
Decision No.04/2017/QD-TTg of Vietnam Prime Minister - Regulation the list of equipment and means required to comply with Vietnam regulation on energy efficiency.
Circular 36/2016/TT-BCT of Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT Vietnam) - Regulations on procedures and required documents for Declaration of Conformity according to Vietnam National Energy Efficiency Program (VNEEP).
Decision No. 4889/QĐ-BCT dated December 27, 2018 of MOIT Vietnam: Official annoucement and guidance for MEPS standard applying for LED lights
TCVN 11843:2017 - Test method for LED lamps, LED luminaires and LED modules
TCVN 11844:2017 - LED lamps - Energy Efficiency
At beginning stage, only E27 and B22 self-ballasted LED bulbs and G5, G13 double-head LED tube shall be enforced for MEPS and EE DoC. Road map for MEPS implementation for other products (LED luminaires, LED modules...) shall be released by MOIT in future.
2. Energy Efficiency DoC procedures and requirements:
Required documents to apply for Energy Efficiency certificate for E27 and B22 self-ballasted LED bulbs and G5, G13 double-head LED tube as follows:
- Vietnam Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity form
- Energy Efficiency test reports (at this moment only local report will be accepted by MOIT)
- Certificates and Accreditation Letter of Test lab if test reports are issued by oversea labs.
- Energy Label Design
Department of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development shall review the application dossier and issue Energy Efficiency certificate within 2 weeks. Certificate holder can use Vietnam Energy Label only after DoC process.
Remarks when apply for Vietnam Energy Efficiency approval for LED lights:
(1) Importer or manufacturer must declare warranty period for the LED lights
(2) Life expectancy of LEDs ligh must be declared at 12,000 hrs minimum to enter VNEEP program (to be allowed to enter Vietnam)
(3) LED having same regulatory model but different in temperature will be considered as different variant models and need to be applied for EE DoC as a separate models
3. Preview of Energy Efficiency DoC acceptance letter issued by MOIT Vietnam for LED lights: