Recently, Vietnam MIC has released several draft regulations for public comments, including QCVN 129:2021 and QCVN 1xx:2021. Please find ExtendMax's summarization on the new QCVNs as follow:
QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT key contents:
(National technical regulation on Non-Standalone 5G user equipment - Radio access)
1) Only n40 and n41 Sub-6 bands are listed on the draft regulation.
2) QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT is said to be composed based on 3GPP TS 38.508-1; 3GPP TS 38.133; 3GPP TS 38.121 and shall not totally equivalent to any CE standards.
3) Pursuant to the draft QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT, it covers only 5G mobile phone under it's scope at this moment.
4) QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT is planned to take effective from Feb 01, 2022; enforced from July 01, 2022; but applicants can apply in advance on voluntary basis.
QCVN 1xx:2021/BTTTT key contents:
(National technical regulation on electrical safety for terminal equipment to be connected to information and communication networks)
1) QCVN 1xx:2021/BTTTT is composed based on IEC 62949:2017
2) Pursuant to the draft QCVN 1xx:2021/BTTTT, it covers the below products categories under its mandatory scope:
(1) DECT Phone
(2) Desktop Computer
(3) Digital Cable TV network set-top-box
(4) IPTV network set-top-box
(5) Cable TV network amplifier
(6) Subscribe extension type of wireless telephone (not including DECT phone)
3) QCVN 1xx:2021/BTTTT is planned to take effective from July 01, 2022 and enforced on the same day.